Sawmill - Our Process
In nature, nothing goes to waste. We practice this same philosophy throughout all aspects of our operations. From breathing new life into salvaged lumber to finding a very specific and complete use for every item we harvest from the forest, Hull Forest Products is committed to practicing responsible forestry and making sustainable forest products that will meet the needs of society and protect the future of working forests.
- Hull Forest Products manufactures over 10 million board feet of forest products per year and maintains over 30,000 acres of company and client forests, an in-house timber harvesting division, and a forestry consulting service for landowners.
- By combining the latest in manufacturing technology with a vast raw materials base and an unflagging commitment to forest conservation, we are able to offer our customers unsurpassed quality, value, knowledge, and service.
- Our New England sawmill specializes in kiln dried and green lumber, flooring, dimension products, and log exports. We ship from both the port of New York / New Jersey and the port of Boston.
- Species: Ash, Birch, Cherry, Hickory, Hard Maple, Soft Maple, Red Oak, White Oak, Pine, Spruce, Hemlock. All of our wood is sourced from the Northeastern United States, a region renowned the world over for its strong and superior hardwoods.
- Facilities: sawmill with optimized edger; plain sawing and quarter and rift sawing, 240,000’ capacity biomass-powered kilns, planing mill and dimension plant
- Everything we harvest in the forest has a use, and nothing goes to waste. Logs too small for milling become firewood. Bark, wood chips, and sawdust left over from our manufacturing are recycled into mulch, biomass fuel, animal bedding, wood pellets, and reactive playground surfacing.